Training and technical assistance is available from numerous resources focusing on such topics as web accessibility, the use of assistive computer technologies, creation of alternate formats, and how to integrate accessibility into online instruction. Training events supported by the CCC Accessibility Center are also listed on our Events Calendar.
IT Accessibility Webinars
Monthly webinars provide participants an opportunity to learn more about accessibility issues and ask questions. See the Events Calendar for dates and details of upcoming webinars, including:
- IT Accessibility Office Hours Webinars — Each hour-long session will explore different topics, tools, and best practices for implementing IT accessibility at your campus.
- IT Accessibility Vendor Sessions — These sessions offer a vendor the opportunity to conduct a demo of their web and IT accessibility products or services to participants.
Join our email list to receive notices about upcoming webinars.
CCC Accessibility Center Workshops
Hosted in conjunction with the CCC Information Security Center, the day-long IT Accessibility Workshop emphasizes strategies and solutions for incorporating accessibility into electronic and information technology practices at the college and district level. The IT Accessibility Workshop is presented in Northern and Southern California each year.
Electronic & IT Accessibility Workshop - Southern California
Save the Date! The 2017 summer IT workshop will be held at Mt. San Antonio College, Walnut, CA, on Tuesday, July 25. Registration will open soon. Check back here for more information.
Electronic & IT Accessibility Workshop - Northern California
The 2017 winter EIT workshop was held Tuesday, January 10, 2017, at Evergreen Valley College.
- Workshop Timeline [DOCX]
- IT Accessibility Presentation - Morning Session [PPTX]
- Campus Strategies for Web/IT Accessibility - Afternoon Session [PPTX]
- Joint "Dear Colleague" Letter: Electronic Book Readers - Office for Civil Rights
- Definition of Accessibility from South Carolina Techncal College System Resolution Agreement [PDF]
- Evaluation Template using WCAG 2.0, Level AA [DOCX]
- Web Accessibility Status Template [Excel]
- Institutional IT Accessibility Template [Excel]
CollegeBuys Forum - Northern Event
Additional Training Resources
High Tech Center Training Unit
The High Tech Center Training Unit for the California Community Colleges provides training and resources for community college faculty and staff wishing to acquire or improve teaching skills, methodologies, and pedagogy in assistive computer technology, alternate media and web accessibility. The HTCTU supports local High Tech Center programs at one-hundred and fourteen community colleges and satellite centers.
The @ONE Project offers multiple training opportunities for California Community Colleges faculty and staff to learn about technology that will enhance student learning and success. Educational opportunities are available as desktop seminars, online courses, and self-paced trainings. Workshops are taught by knowledgeable instructors who tailor their content to the specifics of the community college setting. The programs are also structured to fit a busy faculty or staff member’s schedule.